‘House’ for instance, is feminine: ‘la casa’
‘Pencil’ however is masculine: ‘el lapiz’
A student asked, ‘What gender is computer?’
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
2. They have a lot of data but still can’t think for themselves
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they are the problem and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model
The women won ……
Credit: Thanks Lorraine